Conroe-North Houston Regional Airport
Conroe-North Houston Regional Airport, also known as CXO, is a public-use airport in Conroe, Texas.
In 1939, Montgomery County Airport was built by the Civil Aeronautics Agency. Due to WWII, the Navy became interested in the site and leased it through the war's end. The airport was used as a research center for drone testing and a weather station. In 1946 the Navy terminated its use of the airport, which was promptly turned back over to Montgomery County. In 1951 the county began using the airport for civilian purposes. Some renovations were done to the runways and support facilities, which were completed before 1960. In 1975, a modern medium-intensity lighting system and visual approach slope indicators were installed. Runway 14/32 was given an 800-foot extension, which was completed in 1985. An ILS system was installed in 1988. Between 1990 and 2014, both runways were extended. As such, runway 14/32 is now 7,501 by 150 feet, and runway 1/19 is 5,000 by 100 feet. In 2015 the airport name was changed to the Conroe-North Houston Regional Airport.
The airport is located 37 miles north of Houston's central business district.
- * There were 63,269 aircraft operations in 2016. 92% general aviation, 5% military, and 3% airport taxi.
- There is a US Army base at the airport, the Conroe United State Army Reserve Center. The 1st Battalion, the 158th Aviation Regiment, is stationed at the base.
- Montgomery County owns the airport.
- The airport currently hosts over 300 aircraft, 240 hangars, a control tower, more than 20 businesses, and several government offices. There are also two FBOs and a general aviation terminal building.
With ownership, the cost to fly private can quickly become astronomical, with the garden variety of sunken costs ranging from storage fees to fuel costs, the jet's price, upkeep, and more. XO eliminates all the hassle and the bottomless pit of costs with a simple, worry-free charter transaction.
What to dress for