Dunton Hot Springs
Luxurious tranquility in a rustic setting
Nestled deep in the Colorado Rockies, Dunton Hot Springs features individual cabins and natural hot springs, in a perfectly-restored romantic old mining town. The town of Dunton was a thriving homestead, established in 1885 and settled by miners digging for gold and silver, until it was deserted and became an abandoned ghost town in 1918. Dunton Destinations has lovingly restored and repurposed the old homes and businesses of miners as guest accommodations and common areas.
Ranging in size from 1 bedroom to 5 bedrooms, the property’s 13 hand-hewn log cabins provide options for all types of travelers. Featuring modern, luxury amenities, and tastefully decorated with unique artifacts and furnishings, each cabin possesses a distinct character. With cabins built in a circle around the authentic Dunton Saloon and Dance Hall, every window affords magnificent views of the mountains and the surrounding meadows.
Beyond spa treatments, Dunton offers five ways to take to the restoring waters of its natural hot springs, which range in temperature from 85°F to 106°F: inside the restored 19th century bathhouse, under the stars at the source, in the pool outside the bathhouse, in the pool behind the Dunton Store cabin, and inside the Well House cabin. During the summer season, guests can enjoy fly-fishing in the trout-rich waters of the Dolores River and explore breathtaking nearby trails using mountain bikes, by foot, or on horseback. During the winter, guests can explore the serene San Juan Mountains cross-country skiing, back-country alpine skiing, snowshoeing, and on horse-drawn sleigh rides.
Nightly rates include all meals and beverages (non-alcoholic and alcoholic), use of common area amenities, and use of activity equipment, and each stay is fully customized to guests’ needs.
XO Member Benefits
XO Members are eligible for the following benefits when booking a stay at Dunton Hot Springs:
- A resort credit of $500 per reservation, which may be used towards on-property activities, spa, or gift shop
- Complimentary early check-in and late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary room upgrade upon arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary round-trip private ground transportation in a luxury SUV provided to and from Montrose Regional Airport (KMTJ), Cortez Municipal Airport (KCEZ), or Durango La-Plata County Airport (KDRO)
To learn more about and redeem this exclusive XO Member Benefit, please speak with your dedicated Aviation Advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
XO Member Benefits | Terms & Conditions
- 3-night minimum length of stay required
- Offer is subject to availability and blackout dates
- Offer not applicable to Echo, Forge, and Geyser cabin bookings
- Resort Credit is not redeemable for cash and may not be used towards room accommodations
- Offer cannot be combined with any other seasonal, promotional, or discount offers, subject to Dunton Destinations’ discretion
- Rates are non-commissionable, subject to Dunton Destinations’ discretion
- Offer is non-transferable
XO Global LLC is not a direct air carrier and does not operate any aircraft. All flights will be operated by properly licensed U.S. or foreign air carriers. Member Benefits are provided by independent contractors, and XO neither supervises nor controls their actions, nor makes any expressed or implied representations as to their suitability. XO arranges Member Benefits only as a convenience for Member, and Member agrees that XO shall not be liable for any negligent or intentional acts or omissions, loss, damage, injury or delay to Member and/or Member’s property in connection with such Member Benefits services. XO reserves the right to change, suspend, or terminate any of the Member Benefits at any time. All services are subject to the terms and conditions available at www.flyxo.com/legal, and such additional terms and conditions, including availability and applicable blackout dates, of the Member Benefits provider. Fla. Seller of Travel Ref. No. ST42114.