Are you planning to travel in a private jet to San Diego?
Private Jet: San Diego
Maintaining a consistent temperature all year, there's never a bad time to visit San Diego and enjoy the magnificent beaches or test your ability on the beautiful golf courses. If you're visiting for work or leisure, booking a private jet through XO can get you there efficiently and comfortably.
XO provides access to private chartered flights to San Diego from all around the world. Using our innovative mobile app, it's never been easier to book and personalize your journey.
Where can I get a private jet to San Diego from?
Which airports in San Diego take private flights?
You have the option of multiple airports when you charter a jet to or from San Diego:
KSAN San Diego Intl
KCRQ McClellan - Palomar
KSDM Brown Field Muni
KMYF Montgomery Field
KSEE Gillespie Field
KNFG Camp Pendleton MCAS / Munn Field
KNKX Miramar MCAS
KNRS Imperial Beach NOLF
KNZY North Island NAS
KOKB Oceanside Municipal Airport
What private jets can I charter to San Diego?
One of the benefits of booking your private travel through XO is the range of aircraft you'll be able to choose from. XO is part of Vista — the world’s first private aviation ecosystem, integrating a unique portfolio of companies offering asset free solutions to cover all key aspects of business aviation. This includes access to over 360 aircraft in the Vista Members' fleet and 2,100+ private jets in the safety-vetted XO alliance fleet.
The following cabin classes are available:
· Super Midsize
· Large Cabin
· Ultra-Long Range
Where should I visit in San Diego?
Are you getting a private jet to San Diego for a family vacation, some personal time, or business with a little bit of time to spare for exploring? If you need a few ideas, try out the following:
- San Diego Zoo and Safari Park: One of the biggest zoos in the United States, San Diego Zoo plays an active role in worldwide conservation. Wander through the Lost Forest, Elephant Odyssey, and even a slice of the Australian Outback.
- USS Midway Museum: An aviation lover's paradise, you'll see around 30 restored aircraft from pivotal moments in America's history and explore the USS Midway – the longest-serving aircraft carrier of the 20th Century.
- Balboa Park: A 1,200-acre park full of relaxing gardens, interesting museums, cafes, and walking trails. Here, you'll find the stunning California Tower, giving you phenomenal views of the city.
- La Jolla Cove: Snorkel, surf, swim, and scuba dive to your heart's content. Keep an eye out for sea lions, seals, barracuda, and giant sea bass.
- Gaslamp Quarter: This downtown district is named for its Victorian history and is a hive of dining and entertainment venues.
What hotels and restaurants are in the area?
What events are there in San Diego?
- Miramar Air Show: An unforgettable military air show involving aerial solo acts, military demonstration teams, civilian aerobatic teams, and vintage aircraft.
- San Diego County Fair: One of the largest county fairs in the US, featuring tons of exciting rides, crafts stalls, and an agricultural exhibit.
- Wonderfront Music & Arts Festival: Downtown San Diego lights up with the energy of a three-day festival that hosts over 80 bands, with water sports, yacht parties, and a craft beer village.
- Holiday Bowl: An exciting college football event held in San Diego every year.
Your personal XO team
A member of our team will greet you at the private jet terminal, assisting with boarding and helping you with anything you may need before takeoff.
Why get an XO membership?
Buy as you fly or consider the unrivaled value and flexibility of XO membership:
- XO Reserve: The premier Membership for booking private flights and seats instantly, offers priority access to the largest private aviation marketplace — 2,400+ safety-vetted aircraft encompassing all cabin classes, including the Vista Members' fleet of 360+ aircraft. Reserve Members earn a 2% loyalty credit with every flight and are not limited by blackout days. Any unused portion of the $250,000 minimum deposit is fully refundable.
- XO Membership: The ideal Membership for booking private flights and seats instantly with 1.5% loyalty credits with every flight, no blackout days and a refundable minimum deposit of $100,000.
- XO Shared Membership: The most accessible and transparent option available to fly private by the seat. View flights and pricing and book in seconds on the XO mobile app and save with every flight.
If you would like to learn more about how XO membership could benefit you, please contact us.
FAQs about private jet flights to San Diego
How far in advance do I need to book my San Diego private jet charter?
This can vary, but it is possible to book a private charter to San Diego as little as 24 hours in advance.
Download the XO mobile app if you'd like to charter a private jet to San Diego from your phone.
What types of private jets can land at San Diego International Airport?
San Diego International Airport (KSAN) can accommodate private jets of all cabin sizes.
There are also several smaller airports in and around San Diego you can fly in or out of. When planning your flight, our website or app will grey out any airplane classes that are not available.
What is the best airport to use on a private charter flight to/from San Diego?
This depends on where in San Diego you want to be. San Diego International Airport is conveniently situated close to the city center. Many of the smaller airports are located further out, but this may suit your purposes better if you need to be somewhere specific.
What type of aircraft should I use for my charter flight to San Diego?
This depends on your distance from your destination. The Citation Ultra is the leading light aircraft available in the Vista Members' fleet. It is one of the most popular jets because it has a cruising speed of Mach 0.49, making it perfect for short trips.
At the other end of the scale, the Global 7500 is the top option in the ultra-long range category. With a cabin formed of four separate living spaces and a meticulously engineered design, you'll enjoy a phenomenal ride.
Can I take my pet on a private jet flight to San Diego?
XO allows pets aboard the aircraft in the Vista Members' fleet. For their safety, any pets above 25 lbs must be leashed to a captain’s chair for takeoff and landing. Some dogs fall on the XO Restricted Breeds List, which requires them to wear a muzzle before boarding.
Flying Into San Diego
Regardless of the specific kind of private flight to San Diego you choose, there are a few different airports in San Diego that will accommodate your choice
What to dress for
San Diego forecast