Private jets to Washington D.C.
Are you planning to travel in a private jet to Washington?
Washington D.C. is a city that needs no introduction. Named after the first president of the United States, George Washington, the US capital sits within the District of Columbia between Maryland and Virginia. D.C. is perhaps the most influential city in the country.
No visit to Washington D.C. isn't complete without a tour of its iconic sights, including the White House, Washington Monument, and many more.
Through XO, you can arrive in Washington D.C. for work or leisure with the luxury and convenience of a private jet charter. We'll take care of the logistics, so you can focus on the reason for your visit.
Private flight routes to Washington D.C.
Private flight routes to Washington D.C.
The vast global fleet available through XO means you can fly from almost anywhere in the world to the nation's capital. Our most popular domestic and international routes include:
What private jets can I charter to Washington?
Booking through XO means you have access to an extensive global fleet of over 2,400 private aircraft at your fingertips. With our on-demand and personalized service, you can travel when you want and where you want. Each aircraft is meticulously checked and maintained to meet our high safety standards, so you can step onboard with peace of mind.
The fleet accessible through XO includes the following cabin classes:
- Super Midsize
- Large Cabin
- Ultra-Long Range
Places to visit in Washington D.C.
Despite being a compact city, Washington D.C. is brimming with places to go and things to see. If you've got some spare time before a return private charter flight, we'd recommend the following to make the most of your time:
- U.S. Capitol: This is perhaps the most architecturally impressive and symbolically important building in D.C., if not the whole country. The Capitol building is where the Senate and the House of Representatives have met for more than 200 years.
- Washington Monument: Dedicated to the first president of the United States, and the city's namesake, this obelisk rises 555 feet into the D.C. skyline. It can be seen all around but is well worth a closer look if you have the time.
- The White House: This is home to the President of the United States. Get a glimpse of this iconic building while you're here.
- Lincoln Memorial: This building honors the 16th President of the United States, Abraham Lincoln, who battled to end slavery and protected the Union through the Civil War.
- National Gallery of Art: One of the most distinguished galleries in the world and home to a collection of around 150,000 pieces spanning the history of Western art as we know it. You can get lost in the beauty and wonder of the National Gallery.
- National Air and Space Museum: Get up close and personal with many of the creations and machines that have driven society forward for more than a century. From the Wright Flyer that flew in 1903 to the Apollo 11 command module which helped astronauts take the first steps on the moon, there are so many amazing things to see.
Where can I get fine dining and a luxury hotel in Washington D.C.?
With various international influences and an eclectic mix of cultures and cuisines in D.C., there are numerous places to eat and drink. We'd recommend the following for a premium dining experience:
To top off a perfect night in the capital, head to one of these exceptional D.C. hotels:
- Conrad Washington, DC
- The Ritz-Carlton, Pentagon City
- Salamander Washington DC
- The St. Regis Washington, DC
- Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC
Did you know XO Members get exclusive access to luxury accommodations and experiences around the world? That's on top of a range of other Member benefits and private jet discounts. Get in touch if you'd like to make full use of the XO Experience.
What events should I look out for in Washington D.C.?
- Fourth of July: Celebrating Independence Day is a massive event, particularly with the political and cultural significance of the capital. D.C. comes alive with firework displays along the National Mall, a Capitol Fourth concert, and celebrations in most venues across the city.
- The Washington Open: Now known as the Mubadala Citi DC Open, tennis stars from all over the world come to play at the Rock Creek Tennis Center. It's your chance to see some spectacular sport in the nation's capital.
- DC Jazz Festival: Washington D.C.'s premier music festival runs every year and attracts internationally renowned and up-and-coming jazz artists to play for visitors around the city. There's a great buzz when this event comes to town.
- Washington Wizards: If you're looking for more sporting spectacles, the Washington Wizards play at the Capital One Arena. The NBA regular season starts in late October and runs until April, so try to catch a game if you're in the capital.
Say hello to the XO team
Our Client Services team handles everything after booking, including catering, your pre-flight preferences, arranging ground transportation, and preparing any special requests. Don't hesitate to get in touch with them for anything regarding your private flight to Washington D.C.
Why choose XO for access to private jets?
From our leading digital platform to tailored in-flight service, the XO Experience encompasses more than just flying from one place to another.
Private jet fleet
We offer access to private flights across the globe from an extensive fleet of over 2,400 luxury aircraft. XO Reserve Members benefit from priority access to the 360+ aircraft in the Vista Members' fleet.
Private jet ownership is a significant commitment and comes with many ongoing costs. However, private jet rental gives you the freedom to fly where and when you need to without the financial burden.
Fly your way
With private jet charters, individual seat bookings, and a range of Membership options, there are many ways to fly through XO. You can travel whichever way suits your needs and budget.
Why consider an XO private jet Membership?
We can accommodate your private jet charter to Washington D.C., but we have so much more to offer. Frequent flyers can benefit greatly from the flexibility and value of one of our private jet Memberships.
- XO Shared Membership: Pay less for individual seats on private jets for just $595 per year. It's the most accessible way to join the XO community and can help keep costs down if you don't need an entire aircraft.
- XO Membership: This Membership gives you greater access to private flights, individual seat bookings, and use of the Vista Members' fleet when available. You'll save with every flight and earn loyalty credits as you go. It costs $995 per year, with a fully refundable deposit of $100,000.
- XO Reserve: For frequent flyers who want nothing but the best. You'll gain priority access to the exclusive Vista Members' fleet and earn up to 4% loyalty credit with every flight. You will receive support from our team day or night. XO Reserve has an annual $995 membership fee, with a refundable minimum deposit of $250,000.
You can still rent a private jet to Washington D.C. without a Membership, but these bookings come with higher hourly rates and additional costs compared to XO Member prices.
Not sure which option is most cost-effective? Get in touch with our team to discuss bookings, memberships, or anything else.
Washington D.C. private jet rental FAQs
Where do private jets land in Washington D.C.?
There are various airports in and around Washington D.C. suitable for private jets, with Dulles International being the most popular. It's roughly a 30-minute drive to the city, providing excellent access for business and leisure travelers. If another facility is better suited for your visit or onward journey, we can arrange that for you.
How much is a private jet from D.C. to NYC?
The cost of a private jet from Washington D.C. to New York depends on a few factors, including the type of aircraft you hire, how many people you're flying with, and any other special requirements you have. You can get a rough estimate of the cost with our journey planner or by contacting our team.
How soon can I rent a private jet to Washington D.C.?
With the innovative XO platform or the assistance of one of our Aviation Advisors, you can search and book private flights to Washington D.C. in just a few seconds. You'll be able to select the time and place that suits you best, so you can plan travel to meet your needs rather than planning around your travel.
Where can a private jet land in Washington D.C.?
Arrive in a private jet to Washington D.C. at your choice of commercial airports and private facilities. With the full XO Experience, our Client Services team handles all the logistics and planning so you can just sit back and enjoy the flight.
How's the weather in Washington D.C.?
Washington DC forecast